Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The ElasticThread Dress from Craftzine: Citizen Craft style


I made this dress last week- I (of course) had to change it up a bit (just can't help myself!)
It was really fun to learn to work with elastic thread, man do I love that stuff! Especially since I will be cultivating an ever inflating midriff as I grow a new human for the next 7 months...And you know what's awesome for that? Elasticated clothing!!! So I think I will make a few more with different styles...I have to figure out the best way to do it with cotton though...The above dress is a really lightweight fabric and the elastic shirring worked really well but when I tried it with cotton the second time I couldn't get it quite right. Any tips are welcome!
Anyway, I heart you, Craftzine , thanks for another great tutorial!

The adjustments I made: I added straps, trim and a bow....


The finished dress!







No comments:

Post a Comment